Criminal is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
SPOF = Single Point of Failure plane parts are regarded as parts of safety-critical, IF the SPOF fails, planes will be difficult to control or even crash.
Instead of taking action to remove the fake safety threat, Boeing manages the cover-up and bails criminals out!
B737 Spoiler SPOF Block or mounting lug or hinge fitting
The matter started in 2015 when Boeing flight control systems subcontractor, Moog Aircraft had been knowingly sourcing and installing bogus Made-in-China OEM safety critical B737 spoiler blocks, or mounting lugs or hinge fittings from a verified Chinese counterfeiting supplier. Some 500 B737s now in service were compromised.
The FAA played a very negative role in covering up the Boeing safety threat by abuse of power and refusal to pass on the information of Chinese counterfeiting to law enforcement agencies for criminal investigation.
Searches from the FAA database generates only incomplete airlines filings of Service Difficulty Reports (SDRs) concerning cracks or brokerage of 737 spoiler blocks or hinge or lug.
Please note that only Southwest was reporting these failures. (SWAA prefix to the control number). Surely, the other carriers had the same 737 parts but chose not to file.
(Airlines have their own part numbers for all parts. There is a cross-reference section to manufacturer's numbers but, as mechanics, they feel okay just using the company part numbers. Moog is the exclusive worldwide supplier for 737 spoilers)
SEARCH TERMS > “Difficulty Date”, 01/01/2015 to 01/11/2019. “Aircraft Make” > Boeing. “JASC/ATA” (system Codes) > 5755 “SPOILERS”
- SDR # SWAA2016031549910 (Southwest Airlines) 02/18/2016. JASC/ATA Code 5755. Stage of Operation; IN (inspection), 7373H4 (model). Problem Description; NUMBER 5 GND SPOILER HINGE ATTACH POINT BROKEN.
- ** SDR # SWAA2015020336286 (Southwest Airlines) 02/01/2015. JASC/ATA Code 5755. Stage of Operation; IN (inspection), 7373H4 (model). Problem Description; LEFT WING INBD GND SPOILER ATTACH POINT TO OUTBOARD ACTUATOR BROKEN. R & R GND SPOILER IAW MM.
- ** # SWAA2015081742889 (Southwest Airlines) 08/14/2015. JASC/ATA Code 5755. Stage of Operation; IN (inspection), 7373G7. Problem Description; LEFT WING NR 4 GND SPOILER BOARD, OTBD HINGE POINT BROKEN JUST ABOVE OTBD ACTUATOR. R & R NR 4 GND SPOILER IAW MM.
- ** SDR # SWAA2016012048208 (Southwest Airlines) 01/18/2016. JASC/ATA Code 5755. Stage of Operation; UK (unknown). 7373H4. Problem Description; RIGHT WING NR 5 GND SPOILER, OTBD MAIN ATTACH LUG BROKEN. R & R GND SPOILER IAW MM.
- ** SDR # SWAA2016062753244 (Southwest Airlines) 06/23/2016. JASC/ATA Code 5755. Stage of Operation; IN (inspection), 7373H4. Problem Description; RT WING NR 5 GROUND SPOILER INBOARD LUG BROKEN. R&R NR 5 GROUND SPOILER PER AMM.
- ** SDR # SWAA2017061314309 (Southwest Airlines) 06/10/2017. JASC/ATA Code 5755. Stage of Operation; IN (inspection), 7373H4. Problem Description; LT WING NR 4 GROUND SPOILER ATTACH HINGES BROKEN AT BOTH ACTUATORS. R&R NR 4 GROUND SPOILER IAW MM.
- ** SDR # SWAA2017061414342 (Southwest Airlines) 06/08/2017. JASC/ATA Code 5755. Stage of Operation; IN (inspection), 7373H4. Problem Description; LT WING NR 4 GROUND SPOILER HINGE BROKEN. R&R NR 4 GROUND SPOILER PER MM.
- ** SDR # SWAA2017072715336 (Southwest Airlines) 07/25/2017. JASC/ATA Code 5755. Stage of Operation: NR (not reported). 7373H4. Problem Description; L/H WING INBOARD GROUND SPOILER HINGE FITTING BROKEN. R & R THE GROUND SPOILER IAW AMM.
How many more will fail before Moog and Boeing are going to take real action?
As the whistleblower of the massive Boeing safety threat already causing incidents/accident, I have been calling awareness of flying public through blogging and press releases inclusive CDP, The Crime Report, Reuters, NBC...more will come!
In responding to recent Rep. Brian Mast's inquiry, the FAA continued to lie and cheat the entire world.
Learning about the FAA's false response to US lawmakers, I wrote to Rep. Mast's assistant, Mr. Hankerson, rebuking the FAA falsehood.
I am willing to be questioned in a US Congressional hearing or any type of dispositions by US lawmakers to testify with compelling evidence that is sufficient to request a criminal investigation on the matter.
Only with a criminal probe can the Chinese counterfeiting and Moog's felony be uncovered. Only with the truth revealed and public outcry raised, can the FAA be compelled to take action ordering the removal of fake safety parts from all Boeing planes compromised.
Email to Mr. Hankerson, Assistant of Rep. Brian Mast
On Oct 16, 2018, at 10:07 AM, Charles Shi <[email protected]> wrote:
Thank you and Rep. Mr. Mast raising the concern of Boeing plane safety to FAA and obtained a response from them.
I reviewed the FAA letter and understood FAA upheld its previous position which was completely erroneous and false.
The matter was a knowingly and systematic counterfeiting Boeing safety parts of flight control systems by a Chinese supplier of Moog Aircraft.
Moog as a company concealed material fact and covered up the matter with criminal activities such as:
1. Lying to FAA that Moog gave only simple parts for the counterfeiting Chinese supplier-NHJ to make. The fact is Moog gave a single point of failure blocking(P/N P665A0039-02) of B737 spoiler which through my own investigation, NHJ was caught falsifying material certification on 3 GMT lots.
Despite objective evidence and corroborative witness testimony submitted, FAA did not conduct any independent investigation on this capital crime and violation but only accepted Moog forgery and lie. FAA investigation result is absolutely not acceptable.
2. According to FAA own procedure, the matter should be passed on to law enforcement both in US and China which FAA repeatedly refused no matter what warning was given.
3. Moog SQE refused investigating NHJ own admitted forging traveler, there was witness corroborative testimony in the form of Moog released exhibits.
If the forgery of traveler was investigated, Moog could certainly find out that NHJ had no traceability in its manufacturing Moog business and could have caught NHJ's use of fake material. FAA did not investigate this violation and refused to substantiate this violation despite objective evidence submitted which is not acceptable.
4. Moog top executive intentionally leaked my FAA whistleblowing information to the very internal suspect, Mr Joe Zou, endorsing him collude with NHJ in tampering and destroying evidences.
Objective evidence was provided to FAA indicating the felony and crime which was subject to FBI or LEA investigation. On FAA investigation report dated Nov 4th,2016.FAA admitted "this allegation is beyond the scope of FAA investigation", Instead passing it on to FBI, FAA abusively reached "no violation is substantiated" and "No corrective action is needed"
These above mentioned items are just examples of Moog crimes that were covered up by FAA.
I am willing to be questioned in a US Congressional hearing or any type of dispositions by US law makers to testify with compelling evidences that are sufficient to request a criminal investigation on the matter. Only with a criminal probe can the Chinese counterfeiting and Moog cover-up felony be uncovered. Only with the truth revealed, can FAA be compelled to take action demanding the removal of fake safety parts from all Boeing planes compromised.
Right now, the fake safety parts remain on some 500 Boeing planes posing great danger to flying public life.
Thank you once again for your care on the matter.
Backed with the FAA deception, Boeing remains inactive by denying counterfeit safety critical parts installed even though they are failing and causing fatal accidents.
Please contact Charles Shi for more at: